10 Great TV Shows That Went Downhill (And Then Redeemed Themselves)
It’s tough for a TV show to keep up that initial quality and momentum as the years fly by. Which is why so many shows start out great, and then – as the seasons progress – they flounder in an attempt to keep audiences hooked.
Sometimes a show just exhausts its premise, plain and simple, and trudges onwards purely to score ratings. There’s no shortage of shows currently on the air that are well past their prime, after all, and there are plenty of shows that people still tune into purely out of some misplaced sense of guilt – like they owe it to the writers to see the story to its end.
When a show genuinely begins to go downhill, then, it’s rare that it will turn things around before it’s too late; seasons become progressively more desperate and less compelling, until – boom! And by then either cancellation has set in, or the fanbase has dissipated to the point where everybody who once loved or cared about the show has moved on.
Sometimes, though, a great show can experience a brief period of decline, only for it to unexpectedly rise from the ashes to deliver some of its best seasons or episodes ever…
Link to article more >>
- Hannibal: 6 Reasons It Should Come Back (And 4 Reasons It Shouldn’t) It's been two years since NBC's Hannibal concluded, yet the show still refuses to exit the minds of its dedicated fanbase, entertainment journalists, and, most importantly, its creator. […]
- Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Ranking Every Season From Worst To Best Happy birthday, Buffy! Yes, it's time to feel really old, because today Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the TV show, as the movie obviously doesn't count) turns 20-years-old. Though still not […]
- The Big Bang Theory: 10 Things That Must Happen Before It Ends Nobel prizes, sex and daddy issues. CBS Despite TV?s most watched comedy getting three new seasons commissioned after Season 7, it?s rumoured that Season 10 will be the finale for TV?s […]
- Doctor Who: 10 Overused Tropes Of The Steven Moffat Era We?re halfway through Doctor Who Series 10, and are thoroughly enjoying the exciting and original adventures it?s taken us on so far ? which is surprising, as it?s difficult for a […]
- Cowardly Cameron claimed TV debates are the ?right? of voters Image: Max Shanly David Cameron attempting to blame broadcasters for his own cowardice on TV debates was never a good idea. Lo and behold embarrassing clips have suddenly emerged from […]