10 Science Myths You Probably Still Believe
Look, there’s a lot of science out there, so perhaps it’s understandable that not everybody can be 100% right all of the time, but there are certain myths and misconceptions out there that, despite being roundly and decisively debunked, adamantly refuse to die.
Most of us know that the internet is not to be trusted, but we generally trust our parents and teachers to give us the right information. Sadly, however, many of these myths are learnt at our mothers’ knees or, even worse, in science textbooks. What’s more, with the half life of knowledge, even those tidbits of information that were thought to be true when we first learnt them, could have since been disproven.
So what can you do? Other than hang the sense of it and resign yourself to living in ignorance and fear for the rest of your days, that is.
There’s no easy way to sort the fact from the fiction, but sometimes even a little bit of interrogation into some of the most popular old wives’ tales cause them to fall apart at the seams.
The best parts is that, because these myths are so widely circulated, the chances of you being able to gleefully correct someone once you learn the truth are pretty high.
> To the article directly to the site
- Top Mother?s Day Crafts for Kids My Top 10 Mother?s Day Crafts for Kids. Actually? when I started it off, it was a list of 10 Mother?s Day Crafts.. and it kind of mushroomed! If you are looking for Mother?s Day Gift Ideas […]
- Great products to combat hair loss A couple of weeks ago we ran a post to coincide with Hair Loss Awareness Month, to put it mildly we had a massive response, from guys worrying about differing stages of hair loss. So to […]
- Top gift ideas for the Lady in your life, you can?t afford to forgot ? Mother?s Day Gift guide Please, please, please don?t make the same mistake as I?ve done, for some reason, even though I?m bombarded with TV Ad?s, Billiboards and I internet campaigns. The fact that it?s Mother?s […]
- 20 Things You Should Never Say To A Teacher Reason for detention: being an idiot. Columbia Pictures Being a teacher is a very admirable job as it requires the patience, diligence and creativity of a god if you do it right. Not […]
- DIY Wedding Card for Kids to their Teacher (Love is?) Soooo our lovely Reception teacher is getting married!! Woohoo. I do love a good wedding ? it is such a special time in someone?s life ? a real chance to be a princess for a day! So I am […]