8 Modern Inventions That Are Actually Super Ancient
People in the olden days were dead dumb, right?
They lived in houses made of mud, in clothes made of animal hide, eating food without a single artificial sweetener in it. Morons. There’s absolutely no way that they could have developed anything as advanced as air conditioning, death rays and, that holy of holies, vending machines, right?
Well, as it turns out, we’re not half as clever as we think, in our modern world.
Yes, sure, we have definitely come a long way, technologically speaking, in the last 5,000 years or so – it’s the reason you’re currently able to do things like read articles on your phone and not die of polio in infancy – but there are some innovations that we just can’t take complete credit for.
There are some that have been invented and forgotten about through the mists of time, some that have sprung up again and again throughout history, and some that have simply always been around in one form or another, and we just happen to be rocking the latest model.
Whether it was the Greeks, the Persians, the Ancient Chinese or even the supposedly primitive civilisations of northern Europe, there was plenty of technology floating around the modern world that we still think is a pretty neat idea.
here Â» ( Just take a look here )
- Premature Evaluation: Trine 3 By Marsh Davies on April 27th, 2015 at 10:00 pm. Share this: Facebook Twitter Reddit Each week Marsh Davies swings gamely into the haunted temple of Early Access and brings back any […]
- Happy Moments In Your Day #DrinkItAllIn CAUTION: Watch this video only if you are ready to feel all happy and sunshiney? do not watch with small children as they will want to see it over and over again Right, now that we have […]
- The Ivy League of Ethically brands ? Ivywake As we continue to highlight brands that are not only being ethical, sustainable, but also innovative, the subject of today?s post is Ivywake is a British Organic Clothing Company that was […]
- The animated Vixen is heading to the live action Arrow Megalyn Echikunwoke voiced the character of Vixen in CW Seed?s animated series of the same name. Stephen Amell (Arrow), Grant Gustin (The Flash), Emily Bett Rickards (Felicity Smoak), […]
- 10 Most Important Episodes Of Star Trek: The Original Series It's been over fifty years since the original Star Trek television show first went on the air in 1966. Not only has the program been lauded for its impeccable forward thinking, through […]