A bit of All White ? Lendl Sport by Superga
It honestly isn?t often you are asked to dinner with a genuine sporting legend, I mean a winner .
of 94 tennis tournaments, eight Grand Slam titles and four times ITF world champion, he dominated ATP rankings in the second half of the 80s. At the end of his career he was the player who had been ranked number one the longest, 270 weeks. He was voted second in In the all time top list of players, only bettered by Jimmy Conners and then guided our own Andy Murray to two Wimbledon wins ! Yes Mr Ivan Lendl, of course I?ll come to dinner with you.
The occasion was the launch of his new tennis shoe collaboration with Italian footwear brand Superga to celebrate the reissuing of the shoe he wore to win countless matches during his career.
The Sport Lendl shoe along with their renowned perforated ?swallow?s tail? logo was designed in 1970 for the brand?s sports line, the new Superga Sport Lendl which features all the original characteristics: eco-leather upper, printed rubber sole, Superga Sport logo on the tongue, and the champion?s signature on the back. The shoes comes in four separate colours and launches just in time for the start of Wimbledon.
site exactly the same
- The Best of British & Irish Design – YMC x Padmore & Barnes Hold on one cotton picking second there, Clothes-Make-the-Man, don?t be trying to pull the wool over our eyes, those shoes look remarkably like Clarks Wallabees. Well you?d be right dear […]
- One Love ? Camper One BEFORE Customisation is big business, no one wants to conform to some uniform totalitarian Orwellian approach to style where we all look and dress the same. Although we may all want to fit […]
- Advantage Nadal ? Rafael Nadal X Tommy Hilfiger for TH BOLD The recent U.S. Open in New York on the hottest of hot days saw the launch of new New Tommy Hilfiger fragrance, TH Bold and the announcement of The King of Clay, Rafael Nadal, as the face […]
- A Historic Pairing ? Nigel Cabourn X Fred Perry Nigel Cabourn and Fred Perry are two monumental names in British Menswear, both share great similarities in that they always stay true to their design principles, have never been swayed by […]
- Universal Works X Norman Walsh -the City Runner Project ? A highly desirable footwear offering We here at Clothes-Make-the-Man don?t make any bones about our love for British design, aestheitc and good round great craftsmanship. Two great advocates if this ethos are David Keyte?s […]