A tale of two Factories ? Grenson X New Balance
When the Global athletics brand New Balance approach the traditional British bench-made shoe makers Grenson and they come together to redefine the premium sneaker collaboration, with the Made in England 576GRB, surely only a thing of pure beauty can result from this encounter ?
Manufactured across both Grenson?s Northampton factory, and New Balance?s UK factory in Flimby, Cumbria, which then take advantage of the years of expertise and utilise the craftsmanship, know how and premium materials of both parties, the 576GRB is a collaboration in the truest sense of the word.
Grenson?s best Italian grade A calf-skin leather has been expertly worked into the 576 pattern at Flimby, before being shipped back to the craftsmen at Grenson to apply their signature burnishing and broguing details and essential giving them one last once over.
The components are then returned to the New Balance factory to be assembled by their skilled workers into the final sneaker. This project is one of New Balance?s most ambitious ever sneakers to make, due to the complexity and delicacy of the process, the 576GRB represents a new benchmark and yardstick in luxury athletic footwear.
- Universal Works X Norman Walsh -the City Runner Project ? A highly desirable footwear offering We here at Clothes-Make-the-Man don?t make any bones about our love for British design, aestheitc and good round great craftsmanship. Two great advocates if this ethos are David Keyte?s […]
- Running in style ? ASICS X WOOD WOOD As part of their ongoing 15th birthday celebrations, our increasingly favourite Scandic fashion brand, Wood Wood have teamed up, this time, with one of our favourite sneaker brands in uber […]
- An Expert guide to essential Autumn Footwear The Union of one of Britain?s most loved and respected Shoe Retailers, Russell and Bromley was founded in 1873, when gifted shoe maker, George Bromley, married his employer, Albion […]
- You got a Friend in me ? Whistles X Buddy Spring 2016 seems to be bringing together some absolute corkers of collaborations, we?ve already seen Gieves & Hawkes X Orlebar Brown and then this week we see the launch of Whistles X […]
- This Is England 01: PIZZA. This is what a pizza party looks like. Never let it be said I don?t know how to enjoy myself. First up in celebrating our multi-cultural foodie society, is the great Italian classic, […]