Pickled cabbage is an excellent guardian of your health. Scientists believe that the beneficial properties of cabbage are based on the abundance of antioxidants that protect against cancer, dietary fiber, vitamins, calcium and other minerals it contains.
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2 bays leaves
- 1 head pickled cabbage
- 4 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 dry red peppers
- few peppercorns
- 4 Tbsp oil
- Salt, black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Chop the onion, leek and dry red paprika. In a separate bowl, chop finely the pickled cabbage.
- Heat the large frying pan with oil, and add the onion, and chopped dried peppers; stir well. At the end, add the cabbage and cook about 30 minutes over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Adjust salt and ground black pepper to taste. Remove from the fire.
- In a greased baking dish place fried cabbage. Pour just enough water to cover the cabbage.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes. Serve hot.
Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet. Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients.