Welcome back to the third instalment of the Embrace Happy Blogger Challenge. It?s Week Three and hopefully you have learned to Block the Stats, have done a thorough Spring clean of your social media accounts and really looked at who you follow? You should be feeling a bit lighter and brighter so now is the perfect time to think about relighting your fire for blogging!
Why did you start blogging? Take yourself back down memory lane to the very beginning when you were simply thinking about starting a blog. What attracted you to the idea of blogging? Were you reading certain blogs already? Who or what was your inspiration? This is a wonderful exercise that can help you to strip away all of the stress and strain of blogging and help you to focus solely on the reason you contemplated writing a blog.
Now do something a bit radical: make a MIND MAP! A mind map is a really easy and fun writing exercise where you put your central thought, question or idea in the middle. Then you draw lines out from the central feature to help you work through ideas, goals or plans. Your ?Relight my fire? mind map is the perfect place to look at the following:
- The Beginning – Why did I start blogging? What did I hope to achieve? What was my motivation? What was my purpose and general theme for my blog?
- Inspiration – Which blogs were your initial inspiration? Are they still blogging? Do you still follow them? Who motivated and inspires you now? Make a list!
- Achievements – Now this is a fun item! List all of your achievements that have come as a result of blogging. Remember the altruistic achievements as well including friendships formed and personal well-being. Blogging isn?t just about public accolades, although those are lovely as well.
- The Now – What is your blog about now? Has it evolved away from your initial theme? What has changed? What do you LOVE about your blog?
- The Future – Where do you see yourself in the blogosphere next year? In two years? In five years? What do you hope to achieve? What do you need to do to get there?
- Finding the Fire – How can you stay motivated? Create an ever-growing list of post ideas to keep your creative juices flowing when bloggers block seeps in. What would you like to challenge yourself to accomplish or try in the next several months? Keep this list in a prominent space to provide instant inspiration.
I am very much hoping that this Mind Map will help you to relight your fire for blogging and take you charging forward into the next few months with some renewed energy and inspiration. I would love to know what you think about the Embrace Happy Blogger Challenge for Week Three. Share your thoughts in the comments below and share pictures of your Mind Maps with me by using the hashtag #embracehappy on social media. I can?t wait to hear about your new goals and plans for the rest of 2015!
About Karin Joyce
Karin Joyce is the creator of Embrace Happy, an inspirational and motivational website where the focus is on celebrating the good in our lives every day. The Embrace Happy tagline is: Not every day is good but there is good in every day. Before starting Embrace Happy, Karin was one of the ?old school? bloggers from the early days of what was then British Mummy Bloggers with her parenting blog Cafe Bebe. In between school runs, blogging and being a wife to Mark and Mum to Ella (6 1/2) and Sam (3), Karin also works as a freelance social media manager and consultant.