Ferrari?s influence not in decline ? Arrivabene | 2015 Australian Grand Prix
Ferrari team principal Maurizio Arrivabene does not believe their political influence has waned in recent years.
The team?s lack of championship success in recent years and the rise of big-spending rivals such as Red Bull and Mercedes has prompted suggestions that F1?s oldest team is being increasingly eclipsed.
However Arrivabene, who became their team principal in November, does not agree with that view. ?I don?t think Ferrari lost a kind of central role first of all,? said Arrivabene when asked in a press conference today.
?I would like to see how many people would be at the race without the Ferrari team competing and this is part of the political role.?
However he said it is in Ferrari?s interest to ensure it remains a major player in the sport.
?Before me and even now I think that our president, Sergio Marchionne, he was working very hard and he plays himself in the first line and with a lot of effort, not to regain the position, but at least to keep the position in terms of political weight that Ferrari deserves.?
?I am following him 100 per cent and I am learning also from him because his strategic view with his experience is very important for the team and for the company.?
2015 Australian Grand Prix
Browse all 2015 Australian Grand Prix articles
read more Read the article online
- 2017 Australian Grand Prix practice in pictures | F1 pictures Pictures from practice for the 2017 Australian Grand Prix. Ross Brawn, Sean Bratches, Albert Park, 2017 Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, Albert Park, 2017 Renault RS17 nose, Albert Park, 2017 […]
- Ricciardo surprised by ?awesome? front row start | 2016 Chinese Grand Prix Daniel Ricciardo believes starting second on the grid is an ?awesome? and unexpected result for Red Bull Racing after pipping both Ferraris to the front row. After Kimi Raikkonen and […]
- ‘Lift and coast’: Why F1 drivers are told to save fuel | F1 technology It?s just the whole bloody system that?s ridiculous. I finally get a car I can drive as I like it, and I run out of gas. I mean, is this racing? One subject dominated the airwaves ? or […]
- The 2015 F1 season in 20 questions | 2015 F1 season preview The first race of the 2015 F1 season is just ten days away, and it?s time for our traditional attempt to guess what the year ahead might have in store. Mercedes? season of joy meant misery […]
- F1?s unwanted race? Six Azerbaijan Grand Prix talking points | 2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix Bakue?s race has been re-dubbed the Azerbaijan Grand Prix but do F1?s new owners think the sport would be better off without it? Here are six talking points for this weekend?s race. Are […]