Justin Kurzel (Snowtown, Macbeth) is directing the film adaptation of the video game series. It stars Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard (Macbeth, The Dark Knight Rises), Michael Kenneth Williams (12 Years a Slave), Ariane Labed (Before Midnight), Jeremy Irons and Brendan Gleeson.
Through a revolutionary technology that unlocks his genetic memories, Callum Lynch (Michael Fassbender) experiences the adventures of his ancestor, Aguilar, in 15th Century Spain. Callum discovers he is descended from a mysterious secret society, the Assassins, and amasses incredible knowledge and skills to take on the oppressive and powerful Templar organization in the present day.
Empire had the new images and had this to say about them:
Judging by those manacles and that burning pyre, Aguilar, the hero of Ubisoft?s stellar gaming franchise, looks like he?s just escaped a Macbethian fate here, possibly at the hands of the shadowy Knights Templars.
Meanwhile, his contemporary, Lynch (below), the equivalent of the game?s Desmond Miles, is a man forced to relive his ancestor?s exploits via a VR machine called the Animus. No, this isn?t an outtake from Hunger. The shorn and noticeably gaunter Lynch is incarcerated either as a criminal or a madman, presumably with the Templar?s corporate avatars exploiting his connection with the past for their own nefarious ends.
Assassin?s Creed is out in UK cinemas in December 2016.
Could this be the first decent film based on a video game?
Place your ad here
another blog with PC News
- 10 Reasons You Were Wrong About Assassin?s Creed 3 From Eagle Vision actually making sense, to the coolest location in the whole franchise. Ubisoft Like the runt of a farmyard litter, Assassin?s Creed 3 is not a game that has […]
- 10 Simple Questions That Break Famous Video Game Stories In Half Rockstar Video games have yielded some truly remarkable narrative experiences over the years, with some exemplary stories coming about even in the last decade. From being shunned and […]
- Marx, Darwin, And Queen Vic Walk Into A Video Game? Question: what do you imagine Alexander Graham Bell, Charles Darwin, Karl Marx, Florence Nightingale, Charles Dickens, and Queen Victoria herself would do in the kooky Dan Brown […]
- Will Maz Kanata Have Force Powers In Star Wars Episode VIII? Lucasfilm Star Wars Episode VIII may still be well over a year-and-a-half away, but we?ve already seen considerably more of it than The Force Awakens at the same point in production (and […]
- Electric Dreams, Part 4: The Lost Art Of Dreaming By Michael Cook on March 27th, 2015 at 10:00 pm. Tweet this [embedded content] [embedded content] Electric Dreams is a five-part series about AI, academic research and video games, […]