Party Inspiration Round-up: Budget parties & holiday celebrations
Welcome to my very first Party Inspiration Round Up! I spend most of my time planning and preparing parties for my three boys and I?m delighted to be able to bring you posts and pages of celebrations and happiness in party style each month.
Most of us have had cause to celebrate over the festive period and it hasn?t all been centred around the turkey ? I?m starting this month with the sweetest birthday party themed around a piglet very dear to my boys? heart ? Miss Peppa Pig. Living near Paulton?s Park in Hampshire means we are well acquainted with her shenanigans and I loved seeing all of the home made decor Molly?s party included over at Kelly Allen, Living the Dream. If you?re searching for some unique party games, try their pop-a-pig game ? less noisy than balloon bursting for little ones with sensitivity to loud noises, and much easier to set up, too! Oink!
Have you ever thrown a party for £3.85 per head? Me either ? but I?m going to try! I?m feeling so inspired this month by North East Family Fun?s Christmas movie night ? the personalised treats and invites, and genius idea for seating arrangements were just perfect ? I?m still reeling that it cost so little!
We?ve had fun trying out the activities featured on U Me and the Kids this December as they offer 21 suggestions for party fabulousness with little ones. There?s a variety of crafts and food to choose from ? and number five has my mouth watering, because a party isn?t a party without fun food according to my own boys ? and if it?s your first Christmas ever, then it needs to be extra memorable! A Slice of My Life?Wales created some festive finger foods for their little one to enjoy ? I?ve already had requests for their final creation in the post to be replicated for my boys? lunch!
If you?re doing some grown up entertaining over the holiday season, and you?re over the whole turkey and nutroast affair, a truly creative way to bring a to your Christmas celebrations is to explore foods from another country ? Fashion Mommy served up Maltese food that made our mouth water this party season as she entertained ? and now I?m keen to try the Pastizzi Tal Pizelli too!
The Five Adventurers showed how to enjoy New Year?s Eve as a family with a myriad of fun and colourful activities. I won?t spoil it for you, and I love all of her suggestions, but the third idea on her list is a fantastic tradition to start for any family ? and a brilliant way to say both goodbye to the old year and hello to the New Year as a family. Our New Year?s Eve 2016 is going to be amazing with all of her suggestions!
Next month I?ll be on the lookout for Valentine celebrations, birthday party inspiration and anything else you?ve been celebrating! If you have a party you?d like featured, drop me a line ? and until then, Happy New Year.
About Sara-Jayne Jones
Sara-Jayne is a former Big Four insolvency lawyer turned Disney Bride who really, truly just wanted to plan birthday parties for little people, make pretty cupcakes and capture cherished memories through her lens. This rugby-loving [and playing] Nikon-girl can be found squinting at Photoshop through the early hours, blogging at Keep Up With The Jones Family where she documents life in leafy Hampshire with her hard-working husband, three blond boys and two rather mischievous huskies. She has a particular fondness for The Manic Street Preachers, Tetley Tea, white Chucks and of course, Mickey Mouse.
Read the report
- Pets Round-up: Treating your pet & celebrating special occasions Photo credit: The Dog Photographer, Shutterstock Britmums bloggers know how to celebrate, and that extends to their pets too! So whether you?re looking for inspiration for a birthday […]
- Party Inspiration Round-up: A visit from the Easter bunny Photo credit: Annette Shaff via Shutterstock This week whilst reading through the bright and beautiful Easter and Springtime posts that chirped at me from my email, I found a kindred […]
- Mums & Tots Round-up: All about birthdays Photo credit: Photographee.eu, Shutterstock This month sees my littlest girl turn 3! I cant even find the word to describe the mixture of love, happiness and pure heart ache that this […]
- Skylanders Birthday Party Cake So? this year?s ?thing? among the boys in Red Ted?s class is SKYLANDERS. I confess, that we do not own a wii or any sort of games portal, but that my son has a lot of the Skylanders […]
- Family Days Out Round-up: Half term fun Photo credit: asife, Shutterstock Hello and welcome to the family days out round-up. I am not sure what happened to May, it arrived and disappeared again in the blink of an eye, probably […]