The Defenders Teases Return Of Evil Elektra
In case you weren’t paying attention at the end of the last episode of Daredevil Season 2, Elektra is coming back and she’s likely to be bad. After her death, the anti-hero was revived by The Hand (and dressed in a version of her iconic red costume from the comics), and there’s a hint in a little teaser released on The Defenders’ Twitter account that she is going to be the villain of the ensemble piece.
The teaser was a flash of the ceremony that brought Elektra back to life from Daredevil’s second season, and the “oh great” comment alongside it definitely seems to confirm that she’s going to remain allied to The Hand when she reappears (and that she’ll very much be an enemy of The Defender).
Whether she’ll stay bad by the end of the series remains to be seen (knowing her comic book backstory, there’s every chance she’ll jump across to the good side once more), but it seems inevitable that we’ll be seeing a continuation of the Black Sky storyline from Daredevil, on a scale big enough to warrant the superhero team-up in the first place.
The Defenders is released on August 18th and ahead of that you can run-down every character confirmed for the mini-series so far here.
More here. View articles
- 15 Most Hotly Anticipated New TV Shows Still To Come In 2016 Netflix/Amazon/Sky Atlantic/Fox 2016 has already been another great entry into the annals of Peak TV. We've had the huge epics, like Game of Thrones, the dark and grounded superhero […]
- Lando Calrissian is getting his own comic book The smooth-talking scoundrel strikes back! Marvel and Lucasfilm announced that Lando Calrissian ? puffer pig collector, Cloud City administrator, and Rebel hero ? will star in his own […]
- Marvel’s Iron Fist: 44 Easter Eggs & Reference You Must See Netflix For all of the controversy it has attracted, Iron Fist is not the unmitigated disaster some have called it: it isn't up to the same standards as the other shows we've seen so far, […]
- Fear The Walking Dead: Exec. Producer On Season 2, Walkers At Sea, And Negan The Walking Dead world is in full-flow. BT/AMC Fear The Walking Dead is back. The wait is almost over for Season 2 of The Walking Dead?s companion show to make a return, and this year […]
- Fight Club 2: 10 Things You Need To Know I am Jack?s long awaited sequel. Dark Horse Comics The ending of Fight Club seemed pretty definitive. After meeting a mysterious, charismatic stranger who convinced him that modern […]